£1.98 – £9.93
The mighty chia seed! It’s amazing how many benefits there are to this true superfood: High in fibre, high in protein, high in calcium, antioxidants, and omega 3.
These little chia seeds are an incredibly easy and convenient way to add soluble and insoluble fibre to your diet. They are also great for vegetarians and vegans seeking a source of essential fatty acids.
- Chia seeds form a porridge-like consistency when added to water, which helps to make meals more filling with very few calories. If you are new to chia seeds and want to use in your porridge, start with just a teaspoon and move up to a tablespoon and see how you react due to the high fibre. You can replace some of the oats with the chia seeds as they will make you feel full quickly and longer. Make sure to drink plenty of water too.
- Add chia seeds to your smoothie to make it creamy.
- Sprinkle over cereals in the morning or your salad at lunch.
- Soak the seeds and bake them into bread.
- Can be used as a vegan egg substitute.
p.s. These are over half the price of Tesco and other supermarkets!
Allergens: Packed in an area that also handles nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds and gluten.
Nutritional information (Typical values per 100g): Energy 444Kcal, Protein21.2g Carbohydrates 4.9g of which sugars0.8g, Fat 27.9g of which saturates 2.6g, Mono-unsaturated fats 1.7g, Poly-unsaturated fats 22.1g of which n-3 fats (Omega 3) 16.7g, n-6 fats (Omega 6) 4.8g, n-9 fats (Omega 9) 1.6g Fibre 33.7g, Sodium 0g
Storage: Cool and dry, away from direct light and strong odours.
Country of origin: Paraguay