Citric Acid is a fantastic descaler. It is completely organic, not harmful to humans and dissolves very easily in water.
Buy citric acid from us without plastic. Ours is cheaper than buying from mainstream DIY stores.
Citric acid has many uses around the house for cleaning. Especially for removing water and acidic stains. It’s a great way to clean without chemicals.
- To destain tea cups: Dissolve a tablespoon of powder in a hot mug of water. Leave for 5 minutes and lightly scrub the surface to remove the stains.
- To clean and descale coffee makers and kettles: Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of citric acid in a cup of water and pour the solution into the coffee maker or kettle. Run the machine for a cycle or two, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- To clean and remove stains from hard surfaces: Mix the powder with water to create a cleaning solution. You can use this solution to clean kitchen counters, bathroom tiles, and other hard surfaces. Simply apply the solution, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe clean.
- To remove rust stains: Mix citric acid with water to create a paste and apply it to the rust stain. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight, then scrub the area with a brush and rinse with water.
- To clean and freshen up your dishwasher: Add the powder to your dishwasher detergent to help remove buildup and odors. You can also run a cycle with citric acid alone by adding it to the detergent compartment and running the dishwasher on a hot cycle.
- To clean the toilet: Pour about 100g of the powder into the toilet. Pour over boiling water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Scrub and flush. It works like magic!
Our citric acid is also food grade should you wish to use in any cooking. It can sometimes be used in place of lemon eg. sprinkle of apples or guacamole to stop them turning brown. It is a main ingredient in making elderflower cordial.