I always take these flapjacks on camping trips as they last a good few days and give you long lasting healthy energy to keep you going through setting up campfires and putting up tents.
The flapjacks are refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free.
Using Nom’s pre mixed nuts, dried fruit and seeds makes it really quick to put these together.
These are based on Bosh! bars.
- 75g jumbo oats
- 75g porridge oats
- 50g mixed nuts
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g 4 seed mix
- 1 orange juice squeezed (optional)
- 100g dried mixed fruit
- 100g chopped dates
- 2 tbsp ground linseed (grind whole seeds in a food processor or high speed blender)
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch of Salt
Grease and Line a 20cm x 20cm cake tin.
1.Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4
2. Spread the oats, nuts, coconut and seeds across 2 baking trays, keeping them roughly separated. Put the trays in the oven and toast for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3.Soak all the dried fruit in orange juice or water.
4. Roughly chop the nuts.
5.Add all the toasted ingredients to the bowl with the ground flax, cinnamon, salt and fold together to combine.
6. Peel the bananas, pour them into a mixing bowl and mash into a smooth paste. Stir the vanilla and almond butter into the banana to combine
7.Drain the dried fruit and add into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
8. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
8.Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spread it out with a spatula making sure the mixture is smooth on top.
9.Put the tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is beginning to turn golden in colour.
10.Take the tin out of the oven, place it on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Remove the bake from the tin, cut into bars and transfer to a tupperware.