This gluten free fruit cake is a great all rounder that will please everyone! This recipe is inspired by Doves Farm recipe for Gluten Free Earl Grey Fruit Loaf
- 2 Fairtrade Everyday tea bags
- 200ml boiling water
- 300g dried mixed fruit
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (gluten free)
- 100g dark soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp light/low flavour oil such as rapeseed/sunflower
- 1/2 orange, grated rind and juice
- oil, for tin
- Put the tea bags into a jug, add the boiling water and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb bread tin or insert a baking liner.
- Weigh the dried fruits into a bowl. Pour the tea and tea bag into the bowl and leave until completely cold.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into another bowl, add the sugar and mix together.
- Add the egg, oil, grated orange rind and juice and beat well.
- Discard the tea bags and stir the soaked fruit and liquid into the bowl.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then gently turn it out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.